Equipment at Subwaves Recording Studios
Subwaves Studios only uses industry standard equipment to achieve the best audio, never compromising on quality from recording solo acts to full bands. We have a huge library of the latest audio production plugins and are capable of achieving the sound you desire from warm analogue recordings to the latest digital infinity.
Mic Selection, Preamps and Hardware
- Neumann U87
- AKG414 (pair)
- Neumann KMS105
- Shure SM58
- Shure PG58
+ Full selection of drum mics
- Neve 1073 with EQ
- Tube Tech CL1B Opitcal Compressor
We have access to a huge mic range as well as a top selection of outboard gear. If you don't see your desired mic please get in touch and we will arrange this for you. We use one of the most famous recording chains in the history of recorded music.
Music Production, Mixing and Mastering
- Pro Tools 2018 complete with the latest in music production plugins to achieve world class audio as below...
- Izotope Music Production Bundle including Ozone 7 Advanced, Insight, Alloy 2, Nectar 2 Production Suite, and Trash 2 + expansions
- Waves Gold (L1 Ultramaximizer, C4 Multiband Compressor, H-Comp, and H-Delay, Vitamin Sonic Enhancer + more)
- Abbey Road Plugins
- Teletronix LA2A
- Universal Audio 1176
- Antares Auto Tune 8 + AVOX 4 including Harmony Engine, Mutator Evo, Articulator Evo, Warm Tube, Aspire Evo, Throat Evo, Duo Evo, Choir Evo, Punch Evo, Sybil Evo
- Waves Chris Lord-Alge Signature Series Plugin Bundle
- Air Instruments Expansion Pack 3 Complete
- ReFX Nexus2
- Slate Digital Everything Bundle
Interface and Desks
Our studio uses the latest MacBook Pro with 16GB RAM, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 with Turbo Boost and 1TB of memory packed with audio samples.
We use the latest Apogee Interfaces fitted with the latest in digital conversion as the main input to Pro Tools 12. For big projects where lots of tracks are required we have a range of suitable top range desks which link into the interfaces.